Welcome to the Toyota GT 86 / Scion FR-S / Subaru BRZ Community Forums | Toyobaru.net.

Exclamation 7Tune's 216a Exposed! Nothings Confirmed on Subaru's FT-86/086a Equivalent

Im surprised no one screamed PHOTOSHOP already, but let me show you the obvious here. 7Tune while accurate in providing speculation on upcoming concepts, their article on the "confirmed" 216a is nothing more than a photoshop by their graphic team. To call this car a 216a or even say Subaru will provide variant models 087a and 088a is a bit ridiculous, the 086a is only a rumored codename, confirmed by no one. 7Tune's article is slim on the details of their source, or who "Confirmed" the car. Subaru hasn't confirmed anything, and 7Tunes photoshop is overlaid imagery from past rumored images.

Thanks 7Tune for stirring the pot, but Toyota's FT-86 is the only confirmed model to date. So far Subaru has only had a mule at the track in Nurburgring, looking quite RWD/NA if you ask me. No Turbos, no AWD.

I provided a gif animation of the comparison so you can see just whats going on, look at the interiors, the reflections, nothing changes. Just the body.

Lord of the Wings
    I was aware it was just a rendering. Subaru said they might not debut the car until Geneva. I thought we were all were under the assumption that was a rendering. lol.

I dont see how anything is confirmed, so Im using the images to back the claims that the reports are completely false. Rending or not, where the hell do the claims come from?

Lord of the Wings
    Quote Originally Posted by West View Post
    I dont see how anything is confirmed, so Im using the images to back the claims that the reports are completely false. Rending or not, where the hell do the claims come from?
    7Tune is notorious for claiming info from "unnamed sources". I don't believe much of what they say. Every once in a while they are pretty accurate. IIRC they had a pretty good rendering of the 370z. It was almost exact.

In this case though I think it's more of an artist rendition.

Oh what this is surprising? I figured it was just a speculative drawing from the get go. I figured it look too much like the 86 to be real.

im usin the GIF file for my avatar