Welcome to the Toyota GT 86 / Scion FR-S / Subaru BRZ Community Forums | Toyobaru.net.

Media Subaru's Side of the FT-86 (New Images) 216a Variant

EDIT: See my post below, it contains a Animated comparison of the original FT-86 image.

Its been rather slow in terms of new FT-86 news, just a bunch of rehashed Subaru 086a / 216a news, which is getting a bit out of hand considering its original source of the information. However I found some interesting images form TopSpeed, or their designers, maybe even someone from the FT-86 community. Either way I thought I would share! The news is less than interesting if you have remained diligent in our news section.

Source: Subaru's Side Of The FT-86 - Top Speed

As we’re sure you know by know, Toyota and Subaru are working on a new sports car that each will get a chance to work into their own unique version. The Toyota version has been talked about frequently and will be called the FT-86. As for Subaru’s version, little has been revealed. Of course, that doesn’t mean we can’t get awesome renderings of the new sportscar.

The car will likely sit on a revised Legacy platform with the Impreza’s rear suspension. Under the hood will be Subaru’s horizontal 2.0-liter four-cylinder motor with around 250 horsepower. That is a decent sized power increase over the Toyota version, due to modifications and turbocharging.

The design of the car is far more aggressive than its Toyota brother. The car will have gold rims and a big hood scoop. Besides that though, there shouldn’t a whole lot of change in the bodywork. The only real difference will be the grilles, bumpers, and wheels.

The car will likely be out around 2013 for a price of $25,000. Due to cost reasons, the car won’t feature Subaru’s all-wheel drive system.

front end is way too busy.
    the foglights need to be moved into the center more imo.

Moddy
    looks pretty badass though again could be better
    kinda agree with bersh
    wing could be widened a lil too
    05' STi
    Team Scoobie Member

Forever the critic, I wanted to find the image it was originated with. I had doubts for a min. They went to great length to make this image look unique. The image was inverted to appear RHD, the dash was extended (slightly), the seats were colored, windows darkened, and reflections added rather than transposed.

Needs more boxyness on the front end sides. Otherwise, props to the artist!!

Anything is good news these days, love the artwork they did. Although no wing for me please.

LOL nice work on the gif too, I wish it was real.

Moddy
    regarding the intake ducts under the headlights:
    although there is potential for actual functionality... i reallyyyy don't like them :P
    05' STi
    Team Scoobie Member

It looks good. Im not trying to be funny but if you flip the picture upside down, the front profile & grill area look slightly like an Aston Martin. Lol!

I like the toyota version much better. It looks clean and sharp. These renderings look too busy. It makes the car look like a warthog... I'll take a Factory turbo(unlikely) toyota version, pretty please.

I like it, that's the best rendering seen yet. We need some new images if the FT86, I'm getting tired of all the existing ones.

A new color couldn't hurt, either.

Hope we get some real news soon, it's been way to quiet. I'm betting good thing will happen this year in Sydney.

That's the best rendering you will see this year for a car that will never be.

Moddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Rok Bee View Post
    for a car that will never be.
    :O
    dont say that!!!
    05' STi
    Team Scoobie Member