Welcome to the Toyota GT 86 / Scion FR-S / Subaru BRZ Community Forums | Toyobaru.net.

Post Toyota FT-86 leaked in Modellista parts catalog?

Is this the final production version of the Toyota FT-86? Well, very likely, yes and no. What you're looking at is a scan from a catalog ostensibly leaked from Toyota's Modellista parts division that's making its rounds of the intertubes this fine morning.

Of course, we haven't get anyone at Toyota to verify the leak yet (we're working on it), so it could turn out to be a ruse. But assuming it's real, it almost raises more questions than it answers.

For one thing, earlier reports suggested that the production model (to be sold here as the Scion FR-S) would look significantly different from the concept cars that have appeared to date. And this one looks pretty spot-on.

For our part, we appreciated the show car's cleaner lines without all the pseudo-aftermarket bolt-ons pictured here, so we'll have to wait another few weeks to see the factory model at the Tokyo Motor Show before we cast final judgement.

Source: http://www.autoblog.com/2011/10/27/t...parts-catalog/

Woo I hope this is what it looks like!

I hope Toyota won't go cheap and make the left hand drive version for the US market with the parking brake on the left side as well...

Moddy
    wonder if this is accurate, does seem more "producation" than anything else we've seen though

according to my expectations
    interior: 8/10
    exterior:5/10

i DO NOT like that chrome strip on the side nor the ac vents
    everything else isn't too bad
    the shape is still disappointing, but i guess i was expecting that

i REALLY like the black/red interior
    i hope the seats are as bolstered as they look in the picture, though id still prefer a fixed headrest
    05' STi
    Team Scoobie Member

forget those tailights, they look pretty bad

Not digging the tails, nor the chrome side molding. It's not too bad 7/10 exterior and 8/10 on the interior. Overall, I like it.
    91 hardtop mr2 turbo

The chrome side molding, front and rear spats and the side rocker panel are more than likely the Modellista parts. I think it will look much better without them.

Moddy
    no on the chrome, esp the tail lights
    no on the dumb side vents
    no on the wheels

also IMO the white looks ugly
    05' STi
    Team Scoobie Member

Chrome strip gotta go tail lights no...but closer examination i think these are fake. look at the interior pics again guys. Did the side mirrors magically disappear.

Moddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Shevon View Post
    Chrome strip gotta go tail lights no...but closer examination i think these are fake. look at the interior pics again guys. Did the side mirrors magically disappear.
    it is a parts catalog, aside from no mirrors, there's nothing outside the car at ALL lol
    05' STi
    Team Scoobie Member

Quote Originally Posted by ej25ti View Post
    also IMO the white looks ugly
    Dude, white is the cleanest color for a car. Shows the angles best and hides dirt the most. Believe me, I don't clean my cars for ish. Had a super white celica and got MANY comments on how clean it was. I may have washed/waxed it twice a year! lol

Every other color besides maybe grey/silver will show dirt/grim/etc very quickly.

White car with black parts (aka panda) is the ish. I really hope I come across more $, so I can keep modding the mr2 AND buy this.

I'm stuck between crazy project car and slow building new car......December should narrow my choices.
    91 hardtop mr2 turbo

If Top Gear is correct, we might see a turbo variant or higher hp BRZ out of the box? I hope so!

Toyota FT-86 leaks online - BBC Top Gear
    91 hardtop mr2 turbo

Moddy
    Quote Originally Posted by modifiedMR View Post
    Dude, white is the cleanest color for a car. Shows the angles best and hides dirt the most. Believe me, I don't clean my cars for ish. Had a super white celica and got MANY comments on how clean it was. I may have washed/waxed it twice a year! lol

Every other color besides maybe grey/silver will show dirt/grim/etc very quickly.

White car with black parts (aka panda) is the ish. I really hope I come across more $, so I can keep modding the mr2 AND buy this.

I'm stuck between crazy project car and slow building new car......December should narrow my choices.
    i love white for most cars. i would take a white sti over my black one any day lol.
    i was jus sayin i didnt really like white on this model
    05' STi
    Team Scoobie Member

Those taillights can eat a dick. The rest looks pretty good though.
    Team Scoobie Member

Quote Originally Posted by modifiedMR View Post
    Naw, "bang for the buck" as in performance. I'd rather than and need a shot of penicillin.

Agree with everyone. Taillights suck, ever since I saw the first rumor/rendering of those taillights I hated them.

I wish we had either the original FT-86 or FR-S headlights/taillights over those any day. O well, overall the car looks better than I thought it would. Just bummed about the headlight/taillights. Ill get over it

Moddy
    ^^^ hahahahahhaha
    05' STi
    Team Scoobie Member

The only real ugly point on this car, IMO, is the tail lights. Everything else is good. To me, the FRS concept looks pretty close in front to the production version. Larger flared fenders, hood vent and headlights (shape is pretty close, but bits inside the light are way different) are the only thing from this angle you can see different. The overall shape is the same and it was expected to have smaller wheel arches and no hood vent. The front bumper could have used some sharper edges too.
    91 hardtop mr2 turbo

Give it 3~6 month. Some aftermarket shop will come up with the FT86 concept body kit.