Welcome to the Toyota GT 86 / Scion FR-S / Subaru BRZ Community Forums | Toyobaru.net.

Video of the BRZ at Canadian International Auto Show!

Hey everyone,

I was down in Toronto this weekend for the Canadian International Auto Show (eh?). I made this video for fun and thought I'd share it. Let me know what you think of it! It gives a much better look at the BRZ than other videos do, in my opinion. Even after seeing it in person, I'm still not sure whether or not I like it. Oh well. Anyway, without further ado, here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80BNiAh2j8A

Enjoy!

-
    Damon Choy

*Cricket...*

sick vid bro..
    H - hold
    O - on
    N - not
    D - done
    A - accelerating

Car Tuning Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Raid3n View Post
    sick vid bro..
    Thanks, more to come... maybe not of the BRZ, though...

Unless I know someone with one or my dealership lets me borrow it.

that would be wicked if they did!

too bad we missed that event!
    H - hold
    O - on
    N - not
    D - done
    A - accelerating

Car Tuning Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Raid3n View Post
    that would be wicked if they did!

too bad we missed that event!
    That would be, I'll post it here if they do!

Where are you guys located?

Better sightlines at Detroit. There the platform was lower, and driver's door was open. I doubt you would see much of the interior the way it's setup in the OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Goose View Post
    Better sightlines at Detroit. There the platform was lower, and driver's door was open. I doubt you would see much of the interior the way it's setup in the OP.
    Very true.

I couldn't see much of the interior at all. There are videos of the interior online, though, so it's not that big of a deal. I prefer to look at a car with the door closed and with it at eye-level.

nice video, wish someone hhad actually done this when it first came out

Quote Originally Posted by Run View Post
    nice video, wish someone hhad actually done this when it first came out
    Thanks, I'm surprised there aren't more videos like it.

Your video editing is awesome.
    Team Scoobie Member

Quote Originally Posted by modifiedMR View Post
    Naw, "bang for the buck" as in performance. I'd rather than and need a shot of penicillin.

Quote Originally Posted by Cal View Post
    Your video editing is awesome.
    Thank you!

There wasn't all that much editing involved to make the video, though. To make the transitions, it was more about playing with the focus on the lens.

This unfortunately resulted in a few slightly missed focuses, but I'm still quite pleased with the video!

So, I feel kind of awesome right now...

2013 Subaru BRZ steals the limelight at 2012 Canadian Auto Show| Tuned Tech Car Enthusiasts

Quote Originally Posted by tunedtech.ca
    This year, the Canadian International Auto Show played host to the all new Subaru BRZ sports coupe. The 2012 Subaru BRZ is a result of the collaboration between Subaru and Toyota of Japan. Even though, the car has been developed jointly, the BRZ features a completely different suspension setup compared to its Toyota/ Scion sibling. Thanks to our friends at Damon Choy Productions, we bring you this high-definition preview clip of the new 2013 Subaru BRZ.

Now, Subaru is a brand known for its thoroughbred sports saloons developed and perfected over the years on the unforgiving stages of the WRC. As far as design goes, the BRZ is more Subaru than Toyota. It sort of goes well with the Subaru badge up front, you know what I mean? That said, the car will be available in the UK as a Toyota GT 86 and folks in the states will get it in Scion guise.

At the heart of the new kid is flat-four engine. Again, a trademark Subaru feature. The 2.0 litre boxer engine churns out 200 bhp and 151 lb-ft of torque, enough to accelerate the rear-wheel drive sports car from 0-62 mph in just 6 sec. The car is sprung via a double wishbone sorts suspension at the rear along with a limited-slip differential which means lots of controlled tail-slides and of course, lots of tyre smoke.

Those who have actually driven the Subaru BRZ have reported that the car does understeer at the limited however, with some quick steering input and a dab of throttle, the BRZ goes into a slide. Further on, it’s the limited-slip differential which helps keep the sports coupe on the grey bit. The Subaru BRZ is slated for a spring-2012 debut and could be priced at around $25,000 for the base model. Until then, here is a preview of the exterior as shot by Damon Choy .

PS: Great editing guys, keep it up!