Welcome to the Toyota GT 86 / Scion FR-S / Subaru BRZ Community Forums | Toyobaru.net.

Too tall to fit?

I'm 6'5 and am curious if anyone has seen / sat in one enough to decide if taller people would fit in it.

I'm really looking for a smaller sports car and have been following this one for months but I am really afraid of it turning into the Miata for me -- Something I DEFINITELY want but would never, EVER fit in.

I would also like to know; I'm 6' 2" and I do not fit comfortably in my MK1 MR2 without slouching... something that can be remedied by a low seat rail and aftermarket seat, but not something I'd want to do with a brand new car. I'm even a little snug in my S4.

2013 Subaru BRZ Limited 6MT - on order
    2012 Audi S4 6MT - company lease, baby!
    1987 Toyota MR2 - 20v blacktop screamer
    1973 Datsun 240Z - highway monster project

Quote Originally Posted by Turbowned View Post
    I would also like to know; I'm 6' 2" and I do not fit comfortably in my MK1 MR2 without slouching... something that can be remedied by a low seat rail and aftermarket seat, but not something I'd want to do with a brand new car. I'm even a little snug in my S4.
    I drive an Accord Coupe V6 (09) right now and my head hits the headliner if I sit straight... Leg room / width is fine, though.

I went to the Pacific Subaru (Hermosa Beach, CA) debut event today. I am 6'2" and somewhat north of 200 lbs, so I was wondering the same. I am happy to report that the fit was perfect. They had the Limited version in blue on display and those seats were excellent. They just held onto me effortlessly. Granted, the seat was all the way back. I didn't pay close attention but there seemed to be several inches of head clearance. For someone who is 6'5" it becomes questionable, but it depends on how your height is distributed between the torso and legs. Visibility is as expected for such a car - you are looking out on a plane just above the hood, so it's hard to approximate the corners of the car sitting in it the first time.

On paper I am drawn to the more upscale package (push start, toggle switches, etc) but my sense of the dash design is that it is meant to get out of way, to step back, so you are not drawn to glitzy bits, but instead focus on the road. Because the dash is not taking such as central role in the personality of the car compared to a sedan, I have decided that I can do without the extra bits. The exception to this might be the upgraded seat materials, but I will have to sit in a lower trim to compare.

What was missing is an armrest and auto-dimming rear-view mirror.

bigjake on club4ag had this to say:

"i sat my 6'8" frame in a BRZ today at the KC autoshow, YYYAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY i fit."

2013 Subaru BRZ Limited 6MT - on order
    2012 Audi S4 6MT - company lease, baby!
    1987 Toyota MR2 - 20v blacktop screamer
    1973 Datsun 240Z - highway monster project